Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #1)

Captive in the Dark - C.J. Roberts 5 Stars!It's a difficult, psychologically challenging book. YOU SHOULD READ IT! “This isn't a romance. You're not a damsel in distress and I'm not the handsome prince come to save you.” You may find some spoilers below. BEWARE! I liked this book for several reasons.Although there's sometimes TMI for my taste, this peace of art kept it's own style through all the book. NO BS. Naked truth!Main Characters Livvie (aka Kitten) and Caleb (aka Master{*roll-my-eyes*})Livvie is a girl (with a turn for Stockholm's) with demons of her own.She's 18 and from very young age she'd been told that when she'll grow-up, she'll become a whore! WTF? What sane parents would say that? None.I know it and you know it! But seems like she's not so sure about that {*roll-my-eyes*}And yeah, the irony of it all, she will become a whore after all. {Hope not, but it's not my place to decide that.}But in her heart she's a fighter! You can almost smell the spirit coming through! So I'm very positive she'll never become a whore or a slave. Not in her heart, anyway..Caleb ... Now he's one fucked-up Mo'Fo! I mean really??!! Capture a girl, then make her into a sex-slave and sold her to a man you despise so much.. (???) WOW!Very clever!What the hell is wrong with you? Gheeezuz!! I mean you're not the only one in the world who had more then terrible things to go through! No need to go all Rembo on a poor girl!Don't worry, I still have hope for you.Recommendations:If you like reading about nasty things - this book is probably for You!Not that it's to creepy. It's not. Just reading about beat-up crying woman, takes a lot of nerves and courage. My feeling registration:My feelings about this book are very conflicting.I like the whole story..I hate how he treat's her..But I like how he's changing. Opening to her, to himself. And that's one of the best things in this book. Things get better in some freaky way.But there's still so much demon's inside Caleb, that the HELL feels deserted.So, despite what I wrote so far, this book is written very well. I liked that readers can see both Livvie's and Caleb's POV's. That helps to understand more of what the hell is in their heads.That's all from me :)